"Excellent care before, during & after total..."

About: Hexham General Hospital

Hexham ward 3 and all its staff want to be proud of the level of care and support shown to me and my husband both before, during and after my total knee replacement. The level of cleanliness is outstanding, the housekeeping staff work tirelessly to ensure the ward and clinical areas are spotless. The meals i was served were not only delicious but the presentation was also highly commendable hard when the cooks have to serve so many.Scince my discharge 7 week ago i have received 2 phone calls enquiring about my progress, pain and overall health........A first class service from an understaffed overworked NHS hospital.

Response from Hexham General Hospital

Dear Sally,

This is a fantastic review, thank you very much for sharing this with us. I am absolutely delighted that everything went so well for you and I do hope you’re adjusting nicely with your new knee. It’s reassuring that our teams have carried out two follow–up phone calls to check that you’re doing well.

Our domestic and catering teams will be thrilled to receive a copy of your review, it’s great to know that their hard work is so gratefully appreciated.

Thanks again and take care,

Annie Laverty – Director of Patient Experience