"Still waiting..."

About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

First appointment with Orthopeadics at the QEII WGC was on 03 December 2015 for an x-ray and consultation following referral from my GP. Following this appointment I waited a few weeks but heard nothing. Called the secretary 3 times and left voicemail messages. Was finally contacted at the beginning of in April 2016 and given an appointment for an ultrasound scan at the Lister hospital on the following Sunday 10 April. Since attending this appointment, to date (06 August 2016) I have again heard absolutely nothing despite leaving more voicemail messages. On two occasions that I left messages the secretary's voicemail said they were out of office, returning on dates that were several days in the past. Wish I'd opted for a different hospital - I might have got some treatment by now, eight months after my first referral.

Response from Peter Gibson, Associate director, public affairs, East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust

We saw your comment previously on NHS Choices today. We said then that we were sorry that your experience has not been good to date, but that we were happy to put you in touch with our senior orthopaedics team colleagues if that was helpful. All you need do is email generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net and we can get this arranged for you.