"3 hour wait"

About: Ashford Hospital

My sons appointment was at 11.40 was finally seen at 2.35 is this acceptable? The staff at check in were not helpful and were uninterested. When we were finally seen, we were told that if was not because of the doctors, but a mix up with my sons file being put in the wrong place, if someone had listened when l first raised my concerns over how long we had waited instead of making me feel l was being unreasonable the mistake may have been found earlier. No apologies were made.

Response from Ashford Hospital

We are really sorry to hear about your experience at Ashford Hospital and the unacceptable delay you encountered. We are very disappointed to hear that our reception staff did not listen to your concerns and that the reason for the delay was the misplacement of your son’s file. We’d like to offer a sincere apology for this (which we appreciate you should have been given at the time) and would welcome the opportunity to learn more details about your visit so we can identify the staff involved. If you would be willing to follow this up with us then please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01932 723553.