"Endoscopy Suite"

About: Ayr Hospital / Gastroenterology

The care during my procedure by the nursing staff was to a very high standard. They were not only professional but very caring and supportive. Dr Henry, who carried out the procedure, was excellent and informative and made you feel very much at ease.

I am aware that staff need to be professional, however I believe that staff also need to have a human side where the patient needs to be reassured, listened to and supported and the staff within the endoscope suite definitely had that balance. Patient centred outcome was first on the staff agenda.

Dear jjk59,

I do love your post, thank you. I too think it is good to be able to show our human side and I am glad you found this in your care. (It can be a difficult line to walk and one that not everyone is comfortable with).

I will make sure the team know how you felt about your treatment, I am sure they will be well pleased with your comments.

I hope your results are as good as the test,

Best wishes,