"Doing Well apart from the worst phlembotomy..."

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

I have had numerous visits with myself and family over the years and as a whole everything is good and cannot complain apart from the phlembotomy department . This is by far the worst dept i have been in over my 50yrs of life and numerous hospitals . Last week I was waiting for 2hrs whilst only 12th in the que today I thought It may have been better as was only 7th in the que .Guess what 1hr 15 minutes later after having time to go get my hand xrayed and being 9th in their que ,i was seen in Phlembottomy . i am dreading the next 3 weeks of coming in for blood tests .I can't go to Pontefract which is far better as I have physio on the same days otherise I would .

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

We are sorry that you had a wait. The department, in addition to providing a service to out patients, also has staff visiting wards to take blood from inpatients, and as Pinderfields is the main acute treatment centre, it is the busiest site. We would be pleased to investigate the specific circumstances, however, if the you would like to contact us directly.