"Outpatients clinic 9"

About: Pilgrim Hospital / Maxillo-Facial surgery

Turned up for a scheduled appointment that I had been waiting for since May 2016 now August to find my notes had not arrived from Boston hospital therefore I could not be seen. Loosing out on 4 hours pay costing me £55 plus fuel expenses.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust We have made a change

Dear Kayles,

Thank you for your feedback, and for bringing this matter to my attention.

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience we put you to, I can only imagine how frustrated you must have been.

I can advise you that, as it was our fault your appointment did not take place, you can claim for the financial loss. Please contact our PALS team on 01522 707071, and they will arrange to send you the necessary form.

I have been able to identify your case from the details you have posted, and have been able to review why your records were not available at your appointment.

As a result of that review, we are putting in place a revised process which will alert us well before the patient’s appointment if notes are missing, and will give us time to ensure notes are available for scheduled appointments.

Whilst I appreciate this change in process has come too late to avoid the inconvenience you experienced, I hope you can see we do take such criticism seriously, and have acted upon your feedback to ensure that, in the future, this should not happen again.

Once again, please accept my apologies, and thanks for your comments.

Best regards,