"Appalled yet again!"

About: Doncaster Royal Infirmary

After ringing to try to change an appointment date as I had no way of travelling to Doncaster Hospital I as interrogated by the receptionist as to why I could not get there! Next the receptionist told me if I could not get to the appointment they would discharge me!

I have been in constant pain for months and have been passed from pillar to post and now because I have no way of travelling 20 plus miles, when there is a perfectly good hospital 10 minutes away, I was threatened with being discharged. Don't know who the this receptionist thinks they are but I am sure they do not have the qualifications to discharge patients. Doncaster hospital strikes again - appalling place with disrespectful rude staff.

Response from Gill Pickersgill, Communications & Engagement Officer, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Many thanks you for your feedback. I understand our Patient Administration Service Team have been in touch and you and you now have an appointment booked at Doncaster Royal Infirmary.

As you will now be aware, unfortunately the consultant that you are seeing does not have a clinic at Bassetlaw Hospital, only at Doncaster Royal Infirmary.

With best wishes