"They did not even know why we were there"

About: Rotherham Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

My 2 year old had an appointment in the children’s orthopaedic clinic at Rotherham recently. We waited in the play area talking and playing with the nursery nurses in the area. I checked with them that they would check when our name was called and they would come and find us and they said so. We waited 2 hours for our appointment. My daughter didn’t have any lunch and was very fed up. When she finally walked round the corner a nurse noticed we were still waiting so we got called in. The original doctor Mr Giles had been called away so he had a stand in, unfortunately he did not even know why we were there. My daughter just cried her eyes out and lay on the floor. We were meant to be having her hips checked. I was appalled 4 people had jumped the queue in front of us. I had to miss a day off work and my daughter missed playgroup.

Response from Angela Eyre

Thank you for your comments and we are very sorry to read of your concerns. We would very much like to look into the circumstances in the clinic on this day so please do contact the Patient Services team on 01709 304461.