"Emergency eye surgery"

About: Bristol Eye Hospital / Ophthalmology Royal United Hospital / Ophthalmology

On Monday, mid-afternoon, popped into Boots in Southgate, Bath. Didn't have an appointment but was seeking advice as had a few symptoms. Optician listened to me in 10 mins before his next appointment. Advised me to get checked up at hospital same day. Seen at Royal United Hospital (RUH) in Bath at 5. 00. pm. They said I had a detached retina and booked me in to see surgeon at 7. 30. am next morning (Tuesday) at Bristol Eye Hospital. In operating theatre by 11. 00. am that morning. Back on Gloucester Ward by midday. They saved the sight in my right eye. Extraordinary service. Wonderful, wonderful NHS. Superb treatment and completely free at time of need. A huge, huge thank you.

Response from Bristol Eye Hospital

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on NHS choices. We are delighted to hear about the wonderful care and treatment you received from multiple NHS services. We hope you are recovering well after your operation. Best wishes.

• HugelyGratefulForNHS thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by HugelyGratefulForNHS (the patient)

Thank you so much. Had my second follow-up appointment at the Bristol Eye Hospital yesterday. All going very well. Sight is fully restored. Return to work tomorrow. You are an amazing team. Saying thank you feels completely inadequate, but thank you!

Response from Royal United Hospital

We thank you for your comments about your recent care at the RUH and will forward these on to the team who, we are sure, will be very grateful for your kind words.