"Walton Centre Day Hospital"

About: The Walton Centre

I was referred tothe Walton Centre by my GP for assesment and tests. Basically you were production lined from Day Hospital to test Department and back. Very little in the way of verbal communication from staff .After tests was told I would be called back for an outpatients appointment, However I was sent a letter telling me I had Syringomyelia (Syrinx Cavity T8-T11 . Left to look this up on the internet to learn if this progresses I could become paralysed. No outpatients app was arranged, Discharged according to Hospital. World class centre?, Certainly not World Class treatment. Consultant treated me like I was a Nuisance and dismissed my pain and symptoms.

Response from The Walton Centre

We are very sorry to hear your experience in our day unit was not good and that you felt one of our consultants had dismissed your symptoms. Please get in touch so we can look into what’s happened. We pride ourselves in providing excellent care. If our systems and processes aren’t working and patients aren’t happy, we want to be able to address this. Call our Patient Experience Team on 0151 556 3090/3091, email patientexperience@thewaltoncentre.nhs.uk or write to The Patient Experience Team, Sid Watkins Building, The Walton Centre, Lower Lane, Fazakerley, Liverpool, L9 7LJ.