About: Lincoln County Hospital

I was admitted to SEAU in the early hours of 24/07 with suspected appendicitis or gallbladder issues. I had an ultrasound the following morning and the care I received couldn't have been better. However I was moved to SAL and then to Greetwell which wasn't a problem but in this time I was given no more scans and nobody was letting me know the situation. I was then put on nil by mouth in the early hours of 31st as I was told I'd be going for surgery that day. During that time 3am-8pm they gave me 1 litre bag of fluids which isn't acceptable but was told I would be definitely getting surgery the following morning. So I went back on to nil by mouth. The following morning another doctor came to see me to tell me I won't be having surgery even after the surgeon from the night before confirmed I would be to me and my partner. I work in the NHS and I am completely appalled by the care I have been given and I am still waiting for surgery or an answer to my problems. I have never experienced such poor quality of care.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous

As Junior Sister on Greetwell Ward, I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was not as it should be. We strive to provide a high quality of patient care and welcome all feedback.

Delays for theatre, particularly in the case of unplanned admissions, are sometimes unavoidable and are often due to circumstances outside of our control. However, this does not mean that you should not have been communicated with fully about plans of care and issues which may have arisen.

It is difficult to comment more specifically without your details. These issues can be investigated fully if you wish, please contact our PALS team on 01522 707071 with your full name and date of birth, and they will arrange to pass these on to me.

Joanne Jelly