"I refuse to come here for my appoitments"

About: William Harvey Hospital

The hospital is unclean, I came in for an operation on my back under a spinal, after surgery I was put onto a ward in a bed which was broken and stuck in the air, I needed the loo so my mum went to ask a nurse to help me, as I had had a spinal and was still a little numb, the nurse said she would have to wait half hour as we are doing handover, so my mum helped me and took me to the loo which was blocked and filthy, my mum asked the nurse if there was another loo I could use to which the nurse replied she can use the men's but it is just as bad. I was discharged and then re admitted 3 days later as the surgeon had stitched my back up when they should of packed it as there was an infection so consequently they stitched the infection in and I ended up back in on IV antibiotics, I find the out patients appointments wipe out a whole day as they never run on time, I have now moved my care to a London hospital and am very pleased with the care there.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

I am really sorry that your experience was so poor.

It is unacceptable that the lavatories should be blocked and filthy.

It is also extremely regrettable that you acquired an infection.

I also apologise for the long waits in out patients which you have experienced.

We need to look into all these issues so please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01227 783145 or 01227 864314 or by email at ekh-tr.PALS@nhs.net so that we can take your details.

If you phone, you may well get the answerphone because the team may be taking calls from other clients, so please leave a message and I will guarantee that they will get back to you.