"Not happy with pacemaker, which I shortly wont need"

About: Royal Bolton Hospital / Cardiology

I went to Royal Bolton Coronary Care Unit to have a pacemaker fitted. My treatment was very good. The nursing staff were faultless. However, it was very noisy at night. I appreciate this is unavoidable, but I was not pleased that Patient TV terminated at 00:00, and stopped me escaping the noise.

The pacemaker was fitted because my heart rate falls dramatically as a result of sleep apnoea. I have been waiting nearly 12 months for an appointment for sleep apnoea to sort out the problem.

I am not happy that I now have a pacemaker, which I don't and shortly wont need.

Thanks to Bolton CCU, Dr Zaidi and the nursing staff.

Response from

We’re pleased to hear that your care at the Royal Bolton Hospital was good and will pass on your thanks to the relevant staff. With regard to sleep apnoea, we do not provide these specialist services here and patients with concerns about their treatment would be best to speak directly to their consultant about it.

We are sorry that you found the coronary care unit noisy at night, but think you will be pleased to know that patients can now use Patientline television around the clock, using the headphones provided.