"I feel very proud of the NHS"

About: The Royal London Hospital / General medicine

I went to see my GP with a mole I was worried about, so she referred me to the Royal London for a check up. There had been a mistake and I'd been booked onto a clinic that had actually been cancelled, but it was dealt with swiftly and I was slotted onto another Consultants list and seen about 30 minutes later. As someone who works in the NHS, I know that must have been a nightmare. Clinic lists are already long and adding even a couple of extra patients will probably mean a missed lunch, a rushed day, and an extra pile of paper work - but they never let that show. The Consultant who saw me, Dr Goiriz, was calm, re-assuring, empathetic, and thorough. A week later the mole was removed by a wonderful specialist nurse who talked me through the whole procedure, and did a great job with the local anaesthetic - I honestly didn't feel a thing. A few weeks after that I got a letter in the post to confirm it was all okay - and all I have left is a neat little scar on my back. Absolutely excellent care - I feel very proud of the NHS. Thank you.

Response from The Royal London Hospital

Thank you for your kind message. Best wishes, Barts Health NHS Trust.