"A long wait"

About: Southmead Hospital

I have been waiting since February for the laporoscopy I was promised. I phoned once in April and I was told I'd hear something by July.

Well it's the end of July and I have heard nothing. I have called on numerous occasions and left voicemails with all my details for them to get back to me. Nothing. Not only is my pain unbearable but being treated like this is too. Thanks for nothing guys.

Response from Southmead Hospital

Dear Majorell – I was very sorry to read of your poor experience and for the pain and distress you are suffering. Regrettably, without more details I cannot initiate an investigation.

To allow us to take swift action please contact the Advice and Complaints Team (ACT) by emailing complaints@nbt.nhs.uk quoting reference “NHSC36”.

Please provide your date of birth, address and if you have it your hospital number and ACT will take up the issue of your wait for your procedure and try and ascertain why your messages have not been returned as they certainly should have been.

I apologise for the unsatisfactory service you have been given and I look forward to receiving your email so ACT can provide the necessary assistance to resolve the problems you have encountered.

Kind regards – Steve Sykes