"Disgusting wait for an appointment"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

My partner has a lump on his pancreas and has been referred to QMC by the Treatment Centre for an endoscopic ultrasound camera test and biopsy. The lump was discovered on the 18th July and we are still waiting for an appointment for this test.We have been told there are no pending available appointments due to overcapacity! This is disgusting from a hospital the size of QMC.We have requested calls from his consultant that have never happened, we haven't officially been told anything, just received a letter on 25th July telling us to expect this appointment.The prognosis of pancreatic cancer is abysmal with a high percentage of sufferers only living a few months after diagnosis. Obviously we are hoping for the best but if it is worst case scenario the QMCs bad management could be robbing us of precious time. Absolutely disgusting and rest assured, we will be taking it further.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

I am grateful for your email and sorry to hear of the delay for your appointment. Your concern is understandable, especially at this worrying time. I’d like to look into this for you to understand the reason for the wait and next steps. To do so, I require a little more detail from you. Might your partner contact me directly so I can investigate? (I require patient consent to do so) My direct line is 0115 9249924 ext. 63169 or my email is Maggie.nicholls@nuh.nhs.uk if this is preferable.

Best wishes,

Maggie Nicholls.

Enhanced Liver Nurse Specialist.