"Symptomatic breast clinic"

About: Cumberland Infirmary

I found a lump in my breast which was a shock and thought it best to be checked out just to be safe. I was seen by the consultant and referred for an ultrasound at the breast screening unit. They have a very nice waiting room. I was treated with dignity and the procedure was well explained to me. It was nice everyone who dealt with me introduced themselves. A benign cyst was diagnosed and aspirated.

Problem solved and more importantly my mind put at ease. I wish to thank the staff at breast clinic for being awesome.

Response from Cumberland Infirmary

Dear Katie,

It must have been a very anxious time for you, and stressful, but thank you for getting in touch with such a positive review for the symptomatic breast service.

In addition to receiving care, it is important for patients to be treated in a friendly and personal manner with hospital employees introducing themselves as this makes patients feel at ease.

I am pleased you had a positive outcome from your tests, thank you for sharing your story and giving the staff this lovely feedback.

With best regards,