"physiotherapy care at wishaw general hospital"

About: Wishaw General Hospital

I am just about to leave hospital in the next few days after a stay of 12 weeks. After a lengthy period recovering from major surgery quite frankly I had lost a lot of weight and my physical condition was poor the physio staff were very understanding of my condition but gradually built up my ability to walk first with walker and then sticks The occupational therapist then got involved and was most helpful in ensuring I could do all the necessary everyday things.

Quite honestly the staff were first class as was everyone connected with my care.

If there was something that could have been better was no physio's at weekend.

Also got to post operative care from hcu, ward 18 and primarily ward 16 at Wishaw Genaral was firstclass from a grades of nurses even when hard pressed due to staff shortages.

Response from Fiona Cross, Occupational Therapy Team Leader, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments re your stay in hospital. I am delighted you found the Occupational Therapy input valuable and will pass on your thanks to the Occupational Therapist on the ward. I hope you continue to make a full recovery.

Response from Janie Thomson, Head of Profession, Physiotherapy Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Thank you for your honest feedback on your experience in Wishaw General Hospital. I am glad to hear that you have made such a good recovery and I will pass on your thanks to the physiotherapy team involved.

Weekend physiotherapy continues to be a challenge for physiotherapy services and we are making efforts to improve cover whenever possible.

May I wish you the very best in your continued recovery.