About: University Hospital Aintree

Today I had ( but almost didn't!) a bronchoscope. I had previously studied all the information provided, however whilst engaging in the 'induction, process we reached an impasse because I has no arrangements for being escorted home ( not stipulated in the bumf) my wife drove me to the hospital but we arranged that I would take a taxi home - here I met with the stumbling block! Staff at three levels were consulted however that wer adamant that the procedure ( re possible cancer) would have to be re-arranged at a future date. Luckily however I did finally manage to contact my wife ( who had an appointment at Southport hospital in the afternoon!) In the end the procedure took place satisfactorily and I must say that all,staff involved were respectful,efficient and professional. In essence I suggest that you make it clear in the pre-op info that an escort is essential after discharge.Finally as a regular patient, I can't speak too highly of all the staff although waiting times in Clinic G can be horrendous at times.

Response from University Hospital Aintree

Hi Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. We'll make sure your feedback is passed on to both the team in charge of your care and those who manage patient communications.