"They let down the fantastic staff"

About: Aberdeen Royal Infirmary / Gynaecology Services

I was recently admitted to the ward, where I was confronted by, in my opinion, the most rude, abrupt and unfriendly member of staff. I was very nervous about coming into hospital and this person certainly didn't make me feel at ease. I feel that they let down the fantastic staff that do a great job on this ward.

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear Dotty64

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Patient Opinion. It is very disappointing to hear that you encountered a member of our staff who was not mannerable or helpful. All staff should understand that the way they speak to people is just as important as the physical care that is delivered. Civility, as they say, costs nothing and it is the very least we expect of our staff in their communications with patients. It is such a shame that your experience was coloured by this one member of staff. We can but apologise and send you our best wishes following your stay in hospital.

If you would like to share more detail of your story please get in touch on 01343 567900 or email loldroyd@nhs.net

Kind regards,