About: Stoke Mandeville Hospital

I had to travel from High Wycombe to Stoke Mandeville this evening with my son, suspected appendicitis . We arrived at 1am. It's now 5.25am and still haven't seen the doctor. The welcome was far from warm. Example - we have called 111 and been told to get to hospital quickly - response was they always say that!!. Triage nurse was great. Front of house not so great. I feel the welcoming is an issue that can be sorted, as for the wait - this needs serious attention.

Response from Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on this site regarding your visit to the A&E department at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, with your son.

I am so sorry to read that you feel that the reception staff in the department were unwelcoming. I can understand how upsetting this must have been for you both, and at what was already a worrying time. It is further disappointing to learn that you waited so long to be seen by a Doctor.

We would like to understand more about your specific experience with us. If you are happy to share more detail please contact our dedicated Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01296 316042 or email pals@buckshealthcare.nhs.uk