"Disgusting Care"

About: Royal Orthopaedic Hospital

I had my hip done and was sent to HDU where they were amazing, staff were so kind and helpful, especially two who were there from children's.

I then got moved to ward one which was awful, when I asked for meds id be waiting over an hour to get them, nobody told me anything, everyone was rude when you pushed the buzzer. I appreciate everyone is busy but it was a very hard emotional time for me and they acted like I'd only stubbed a toe. I feel like the staffs approach affected my mood and therefore my healing. I had an epidural which when it was stopped nobody could be bothered to take out until the end of the day when it started beeping like crazy, even then took 45 mins for someone to come. Staff kept forgetting to get me water, or moved my table so far away I couldn't reach it, I was told 3 times my pain relief needed to be assessed then nobody ever got back too me. I was really shocked at the level of care I expected more from ROH.

The physio were amazing and the student nurses tried to be helpful but when you asked them something they'd say they need to get a nurse but they'd never come.

Response from Sally Xerri-Brooks, Head of Communications, Communications, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Hello, many thanks for your feedback. I am really sorry to hear about the experience you describe, and I think it is important we have a look into what went wrong for you. Can I please encourage you to get in touch with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) who can look into this for you? You can contact them on roh-tr.pals@nhs.net or 0121 685 4128.

Thanks and best wishes