"Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

After suffering with gallstones for some time and following a week long stay in may 2016 for an infected and inflamed gallbladder I was booked in for surgery to remove on 30th June 2016. I was nervous but the whole experience was made worry free and straightforward by the wonderful staff. On arrival at 7am booking in was easy and all the staff there on in were great.

I met my surgeon just prior to the op and was made to feel relaxed and at ease by all involved. After the op the nurses were fantastic and I was home by 6.30pm that evening. Thank you BVH!

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback about your recent experience.

It is wonderful to read that you have had a positive experience during what must have been a stressful time for you. I am pleased that the Staff that you came into contact with were able to provide you with the support, care and treatment we would expect and that they were able to make you feel relaxed and at ease.

I will share this with the teams involved who I know will be delighted to read about your positive experience.

Andrew