"Person centred therapy"

About: Ealing IAPT

I was feeling sad and crying a lot about my relationships and I was very anxious. I got to the point where I couldn't plan ahead. I was referred for gestalt therapy. It really helped me connect the sensations in my body to the emotions that we're raging or trapped inside. There was some talking as well. It helped me to relax and listen to the needs of my body. At first I felt worse, then after three weeks I began to feel better and I was able to make a decision: rest from work for 4 weeks before I burnt out. Then I carried on with the weekly sessions for another two months and ended feeling much better, with low or no anxiety. It felt like I had got my mind and body working together.

Response from Josef Landsberg, Clinical Lead IAPT, West London Mental Health NHS Trust

Dear KatyE

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about the experience you have had in your treatment. It is great that you found the approach helpful and that you are now more able to get your mind and body working together resulting in feeling happier. I am sure that many people will identify with your journey and we wish you the very best for the future.

• KatyE thinks this response is helpful