"cancelled appointment"

About: The Royal Liverpool University Hospital

I have waited a while to get an appointment to see the diabetic consultant, after they said to me that I needed to see them in six months. a year has nearly passed. the appointment has been changed twice and today I received a call from the consultants secretary to say the appointment has been cancelled. The secretary couldn't give me a date for the next one. later on in the day I received a text reminding me to attend the appointment. I needed to contact the diabetic centre to check what was going on. I was told the appointment was cancelled and to ignore the text. this happens far too often at the diabetic centre. why are appointments changed or cancelled so frequently?

Response from The Royal Liverpool University Hospital

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t have a good experience with your appointment booking for our Diabetic service. We would like to find out more from you so we can investigate your concerns properly. If you would like to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), they will be able to help. You can contact them by phoning 0151 706 4903/4908/4909 or via PALS&complaints@rlbuht.nhs.uk.