"6 yr olds broken arm"

About: Grantham & District Hospital

I arrived with my 6 yr old son on Friday 1st July at 8.30pm. After waiting 15 minutes for a receptionist to book us in, as we were told they were 'on a break'.

We sat for 2 hrs until we saw a nurse, who was helpful, friendly, professional etc. We then we're asked to wait in the waiting room for the doctor. At approx 1.00am I asked how long until my son was going to seen.

The receptionist said they were having issues with the doctor & another doctor was coming from another department, they "begged the doctor with pleases & sweets." At approx 1.45am we were finally seen, he was x rayed, and put in a plaster cast. We left there at 3.30am. All the doctors and nurses etc were very helpful and polite when we eventually got to see them. I feel 7 hours is too long for a 6 year old boy in the middle of the night to be seen and sorted by a doctor.

I hope this was a one off for the hospital. I was not happy and will not be recommending the hospital.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous,

I can only apologise for this service. Please contact me and I will investigate further, this is not how I would expect our reception staff to behave.

Teresa Shepherd