"Uncompassionate person"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Accident and emergency

I went to lincoln a&e dept 3_4 weeks ago with a back injury from an accident.  the staff were brilliant x rays etc and max care.  ty to that shift btw luckily no back injury but severe pain ....

I was told on discharge to come back if it has got no better in a couple of weeks. it didnt. I left it three weeks and in the middle of the night decided to rtn. I was crying with the pain. I was told by the dr I should of gone to my gp.   well now im advising my friends to go to any hospital but lincoln the dr was the most uncompassionate person I have ever spoken to i'm still in agony and it seemed that dr just wanted clear of the waiting room. Even if I was dying I wouldnt use that hospital again

im a war veteran and was treated like a child of 5. So out of 10 on that visit I give dr a 1 cause they were there.  only wouldnt ever want to get in with something serious if that dr on shift again. Hope I meet up with them in my trade one day so I can give him the same treatment

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

I am was very sorry to hear about your experience in the Emergency Department and apologise for this. This is not the standard of care we hope to provide.

If you are able to contact PALS (Patient Advice & Liaison Service) here at the hospital (Tel: 01522 707071) to inform them of your name, I will be able to investigate this further and provide you with a full response.

Dr Meg Kelly,