"I cannot express my gratitude enough"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Elderly Medicine Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / General medicine Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

My mother was admitted Via Ambulance. many thanks to the two Paramedics; as the first point of contact in assessing and administering vital 1st care and making her feel comfortable and safe  to Queen Elizabeth University Hospital: Firstly to Acute Receiving Unit many thanks to all the staff for their excellent high standards of care Then transferred to Ward 8a; I Would like to extend my gratitude to all the staff;

Doctors; care assistants; nurses; porters; admin staff; my mother could NOT have received better care anywhere in the World!  Unfortunately she did not recover from her illness and the dedication; support and care given by the staff was second to none! through this she remained settled and comfortable throughout her last days;

I cannot express my gratitude enough to all the staff at ward 8a for all they did for my mother. Thank you..Thank you..Thank you

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear Gordo

Thank you for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion. Firstly, I would like to say how sorry I am to read about the loss of your mother. I can tell from what you have said here how much she meant to you. It is clear that the care provided to your mother by our staff was of great comfort to her and to you. What you have described here is the level care we aim to provide to all our patients and I am encouraged that they have fulfilled the needs of your mother and yourself at the time.

Thank you for your kinds words about our staff. I will share your post with the staff in our Acute Receiving Unit and in Ward 8A.

My thoughts are with you at this time.
Lisa

• Gordo thinks this response is helpful

Response from Lindsay Smith, Communications Officer, Corporate Affairs and Engagement, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear Gordo,

I would firstly like to echo the sentiment of my colleague from NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde by offering my sincere condolences on the loss of your mother.

Thank you for your kind words about the Paramedics who looked after your mother. I was pleased to hear they were able to make her feel comfortable and safe in her final days whilst delivering the essential care she required before being admitted to hospital and that this also gave you a degree of comfort too.

Thank you for taking the time to write at what we appreciate will have been a very difficult time for you.

With kind regards,