"Brilliant card"

About: City Hospital (Birmingham)

I have had two oncology operations in the last four years. I have already submitted a review as the treatment I received from admittance to after care was wonderful. I am now compelled to praise the care I have received whilst attending my 6 monthly check up. I am always seen reasonably quickly, and am treated kindly and unhurriedly. I have to see 2 separate Consultants but both are professional and kind. When I left my last appointment my daughter remarked how all the staff greet you with a smile, from receptionists to nurses. It is always daunting to attend hospital especially with serious complaints but the staff have always made it an easy and comfortable necessity. My only moan is that my wonderful consultant is retiring soon but I am confident I will be treated equally well by their successor.

Response from City Hospital

Hello Mary, thank you for your positive comments about the oncology care you receive. It is very important to us that patients feel safe, well-informed and respected as we care for them and I am very pleased you have felt this way throughout your treatment.Thank you and I wish you well, Toby Lewis, Chief Executive.