"First Colonoscopy experience"

About: Victoria Hospital / Day Surgery

From arrival through to departure the care and information provided by the staff was superb, really putting me at ease, even though I was really nervous about the process and the outcome.

As it was, I was found to have nothing seriously wrong which of course was a relief.

The colonoscopy process was carried out with great care by the consultant and the assisting nurses were superb, keeping me comfortable at all times. Seeing the monitor and what the scope was seeing was also very helpful as it so interesting and takes your mind off the procedure (which by the way was nothing like as bad as I thought it would be! ).

I really can't thank the consultant and staff enough for the superb support they gave me.

Response from Gillian Ogden, Clinical Nurse Manager, Planned Care, NHS Fife

Dear Mr Martin

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent colonoscopy experience. I can understand why you were nervous before your procedure and it was good to read that our staff were able to put you at ease and make the experience better for you. I will be sure to share your post with all the Endosocpy staff, lovely comments like these really give the staff a boost.

I am glad that all was well and I hope that you have recovered well following your procedure.

Gill Ogden