"5 years of excellent care"

About: Stoke Mandeville Hospital

Just over 5 years ago I was diagnosed with bowel cancer after taking part in the Bowel Screening Programme. I had part of my bowel removed and this was followed by six months of chemotherapy. Since then I've had annual CT scans and blood tests and three colonoscopies, and have recently been discharged from Stoke Mandevilles care with no more treatment until a colonoscopy in 2021.

I would just like the thank the surgeon and their staff, the chemotherapy unit and everyone else involved who has helped me reach the end of this particular journey.

Thank you all, and long live the NHS.

Response from Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Lyne Price

Thank you for taking the tme to post your lovely message of thanks on this site.

I am very pleased to learn that you have now been discharged from Stoke Mandeville Hospital after 5 years of treatment for Bowel Cancer. I can understand how relieved you must feel to have finally come to the end of your long journey.

It is always rewarding for staff to receive such gratitude and I will make sure that your thanks are passed on to all the areas involved in your care.

I wish you all the best for the future.