"Excellent Treatment"

About: King's Mill Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

Visited the fracture clinic at Kingsmill and was seen by Consultant/Registrar; fabulous clinic nurse suggested to Consultant that Occupational Therapy could fit an alternative thermoplastic splint instead of keeping the one on I'd been fitted with previously, and he also offered to ring them to check if they could 'fit me in straight away'. (I had been to another Trust's A&E for immediate treatment of my injury whilst on holiday, who had fitted a large, ill-fitting plastic splint). Occupational therapist saw me within 5 minutes and gave me a great fitting thermoplastic splint and excellent advice and reassurance on how to care for my injury for the next few weeks, with follow up appointments to check on fitting/skincare concern etc.

I could not have asked for better treatment and care - thank you to the Hand Therapist, who showed such great and professional care! !

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Thank you for your email and taking the time to share your positive experience, we are pleased to hear your kind comments about your care.

Your feedback has been shared with the relevant staff and we all wish you well in your recovery.