"Friendly, informative and helpful"

About: Raigmore Hospital / Maternity care

I wanted to express the quality of service Lana, Infant Feeding Support worker has provided to me.

My first encounter with Lana was at a talk she provided on tips for breastfeeding at Tain Health Centre. She was extremely friendly, professional and continually throughout the session asked if we had any questions - which I found helpful. She informed us she would be round to visit once we were home from hospital. She came across very easy to talk to and knew I would feed comfortable to have her in my home.

I had Lana visit me the day after I came home from the hospital and thankfully she was there to help. It was a very interesting encounter with lots of giggles. I felt very comfortable with Lana even though it was potentially an embarrassing situation.

I have been to Lana's drop in clinics in Alness a few times now and each time she has been so helpful. If I did not have Lana to talk to and help with my breastfeeding I doubt I would have been able to continue and have now been exclusively breastfeeding for 12 and a half weeks thanks to her.

Lana has provided an outstanding service by continually being friendly, informative and helpful.

Response from katherine sutton, Deputy Director of Operations, NHS Highland

Dear GemzJay,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I know that Lana will be delighted to receive your message which I will pass on to her.

Our staff work very hard to provide a high quality service every day. Personal appreciation of their efforts is welcomed.

Kind regards,