"Rushed and not listened to"

About: Johnson Hospital

I visited the hospital for a growth scan of my baby and expected to be to be seen by a certain dr after. I was sent into a room to be greeted by a different doctor who did not introduce themselves or their role. This dr spent 15 minutes looking at my notes and not acknowledging that I was there. I had questions to ask regarding my antenatal care and when approaching dr about my concerns was basically told they did not need to know about them and it would be discussed at another appointment. the dr gave me no reassurance or answers to my concerns and I felt like I was rushed and not listened to! I hope at my next appointment I am not seen by the same dr

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Betty1984,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you felt rushed and not listened to. We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional level of care for all of our visitors and it is clear that we fell below your expectations on this occasion.

If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact our PALS team on 01205 446243, and they will be happy to help you.

Alternatively, we are seeking service users to become involved in our service reviews, with the aim of seeing ourselves from the public perspective, and how we are doing. We are currently putting a panel together to look at the pathway through Antenatal Clinic in the late Autumn.

If you feel this is something you would like to be involved in, please let our communications team know at communications@ulh.nhs.uk and they will be able to explain the process.

I will ensure your feedback reaches the relevant people and thank you again for drawing it to our attention.

Rebekah Calladine,