"Bad experience when calling Orthotics Department"

About: Stirling Community Hospital / Orthotics Department

Waiting list to be seen wasnt long so I didnt have to wait long for my appointment and when I came to my appointment I was seen immediately and didnt have to wait.

A coffee vending machine would be nice for the waiting room as my transport often means I am here an hour early.

The only bad experience I have had was when I telephoned the Orthotics department the telephone staff could have a better manner on the phone. I had to cancel an appointment for my new shoes which I was very much looking forward to. I became unwell on the journey to the hospital and although my husband was very stressed and worried about me, he managed to telephone to cancel the appointment. The lady on the phone was very rude and unsympathetic.

Response from Lynne Rowley, Orthotist Lead, Orthotics, NHS Forth Valley

Dear Lofty 499

many thanks for your post.

I am glad you didnt have a long wait to see us and I love your suggestion for a refreshment machine in our waiting area and will look into that for you.

I am sorry you found the telephone manner of our staff rude and unsympathetic and apologise on their behalf. I would like to explore this further to look at the issues to ensure they don't happen again and if you are willing, would appreciate you contacting me directly to discuss in more detail?

my direct dial number is 01786 434027

many thanks

Lynne

Response from Lynne Rowley, Orthotist Lead, Orthotics, NHS Forth Valley We are preparing to make a change

Dear Lofty 499

just to update you, I have taken this issue to our team to discuss and explore our telephone protocols.

many thanks again