"Impressive experience at A & E Warwick"

About: Warwick Hospital

I recently attended Warwick A&E with my husband, who had a suspected DVT in his lower leg.

We were seen promptly by a very professional team who acted quickly and answered our concerns fully, researched my husband's other medical conditions before carrying out any treatment, and explained options to us.

The only frustration, from our side and that of the medical staff, was that being a Sunday they could not give an ultrasound scan.

However arrangements were made for that to be done the following day.

When we returned for the scan we were initially sent to the wrong area, and no-one could find my husband's notes, but a nurse from the Helen Clark Suite efficiently followed up, found the notes, and a scan was performed within 2 hours.

Luckily a DVT was ruled out.

We wish to thank the excellent A&E and Helen Clark Suite staff for the service we received, which could not be faulted (apart from the mislaying of the notes, maybe), and for their care and attention.

It is however sad that the hospital are unable to perform simple tasks such as an ultrasound scan at weekends - this would have saved a lot of NHS man hours the following day, and given us a reassuring verdict on the day.

Congratulations Warwick!

Response from Warwick Hospital

Thank you for sharing these positive and constructive comments, I will pass them on to the teams involved in your husband's care.