"Children's A and E"

About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

Generally clean with things to do for the children however considering the time spans that you may possibly have to wait to be seen the seats are very uncomfortable!

I have a very slight lower back pain and aches in my neck and I really struggled to find a comfortable seating position to the point where I was in extremely uncomfortable.

Also with occasionally having a child on my lap it made the situation a lot worse.

I know this is a small issue however felt that I had to write something as the uncomfortable seating actually added to the stressful situation.

I'm not expecting a leather recliner however a little bit of padding wouldn't go amiss. Thank you.

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback. We are sorry that you did not find the chairs comfortable in the Paediatric Accident & Emergency Department. We did have padded chairs previously but due to their constant use, unfortunately they tended to split which then became an infection control risk so the current design of chair was chosen for durability and hygiene reasons.