"Outpatient appointment Neurology"

About: Charing Cross Hospital

I had an appointment to see the team in the Neurology department at Charing Cross hospital on 15 June 2016. However when my husband and I arrived at the Main Outpatients we were informed that the appointment had been rescheduled for some 6 weeks later. I had not been informed of this and in fact had received a text message a week earlier confirming the appointment.

I have been in a lot of pain for some time now and to be told that the appointment had been put back was devastating to me. However, with the help of members of staff we were able to keep the appointment.

One member of staff was exceptional in their handling of my case and their kind and sympathetic manner was a breath of fresh air.

Having seen the doctor I now have a care plan which hopefully will ease my back pain.

Please pass on my thanks to all the staff.

Response from Charing Cross Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust wishes to first apologise for the problem you had regarding your appointment booking in the Neurology Clinic on the 15 June 2016 at Charing Cross Hospital and would also like to thank you for your positive feedback on NHS Choices. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments