"At no time have I felt I have actually been listened to"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Day Surgery Wishaw General Hospital / General Surgery Wishaw General Hospital / Pre Operative Assessment

Over the course of the past 2 years I have experienced pain which has impacted greatly on my life, work and limited my choices. I have followed all the correct procedures to attempt to find answers, however, although I have received many tests I have to date no answers. The most common answer so far has been to discharge me, even when is has been an administrative error.

I am totally disappointed with the service I have received and at no time have I felt I have actually been listened to - to the point that I have been viewed as if I am lying about symptoms to which one consultant said I would just have to live with it. There has been many conflicting answers and opinions and I am at the point I feel completely lost whilst still experiencing a great deal of pain on a daily basis.

Response from Maureen Dobbin, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical Care, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Extremely Concerned,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments. I am dissappointed to hear that you have had a poor experience of our service. In order to help me investigate your concerns and hopefully get you the information, answers and care that you need, could you please contact our patient affairs manager on 01698 366558 with your details.

Best Wishes