"Exemplary service & care at a&e minor injuries..."

About: The Royal Victoria Infirmary

I had the unfortunate trip to a&e when visiting Newcastle for a business trip travelling from Manchester.

From the moment I arrived in minor injuries I felt cared for and put at ease which was especially important as I was so far from home.

Every member of staff I dealt with, from receptions to xray staff and nurses were all wonderful and so kind and conscientious.

There were many examples of staff going 'above & beyond' to service patients needs and there was a general happy feeling about the hospital which definitely isn't typical of hospitals in my experience!

I can't say I am surprised that the hospital has recently passed an assessment as outstanding, I only wish we had more hospitals of this calibre in Manchester!

Thank you RVI for making my visit a pleasant one even if I was in pain!

Response from The Royal Victoria Infirmary

Thank you so much for taking the time to send in your very positive comments regarding your attendance at the MIU at the RVI. We are very pleased you had a comfortable stay, feeling well cared for and supported. The staff always appreciate patient feedback and we can assure you that it will be shared with all of the team concerned.