"Amazing staff on ward A23"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

I have just been discharged from ward A23 due to being admitted for a kidney infection . I just wanted to say a big Thankyou to all the staff on there.

1 staff member in particular stood out , they were caring compassionate, helpful, re-assuring and so friendly a student nurse I believe With their positive attitude & bubbly personality they will make a fantastic nurse.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thanks so much Kelly. The student nurse you mention is Lara. You’re right, she’s going to be a fantastic nurse and we are lucky to have her as part of ‘team NUH’. I’ve shared your comments with Lara and the rest of the ward.

You might be interested to know that our annual staff NUHonours awards are open for nominations. Unfortunately there is no category for a student nurse. However, if you wish to make a nomination you can do so by nominating another member of the ward staff (under the Family Health division) or the whole ward (under the Team of the Year category). If you’re interested you can find more details on our website: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk/nuhonours/

Thanks again for your feedback,

Sarah Kordula.