"Waiting times"

About: Wansbeck Hospital

Had an appointment with my 13 year old son! Told to be there ten mins before app time! On arrival they posted a 20 min waiting time on the white board 30 mins later they changed the waiting time to 35 mins and it was 50 mins after the designated appointment time when we were seen and we were not even seen by the doctor we were meant to be seeing! Absolutely no point in giving you an appointment time it would of been quicker going to a&e!

Response from Wansbeck Hospital

Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstly, I’m sorry for the time it has taken us to respond to your fantastic review. We’re working with NHS Choices to look a possible issue with their alerting system?

I am very sorry for the wait that you and your son experienced in our outpatient department? As your review has been posted anonymously I am unable to look into the reasons for the delay.

Please email me privately with your sons details and I will look into why this happened. My email is Annie.Laverty@nhct.nhs.uk

I am sorry that your son was not seen by the doctor you were expecting - sometimes for good reason there is a need to alter which member of the team responds to certain patients that day - again without your details I can't check why our care differed from what you were expecting.

With kind regards to you and your son,

Annie