"Gallbladder Removal"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / General Surgery

I was admitted to Ward 18 in May, I only stayed in this ward for 1 night however everyone was very attentive made sure that I had everything I needed. I was then transferred to ward 17 there was less nurses on this ward to more patients however they were all very good! I was taken to surgery and my gallbladder was removed without issue. All in all my experience was very good I cannot remember everyones names however Lauren, Kirsty, Chantelle, Betty and Jayne are the ones that stick with me.

The only drawback to my whole experience was my discharge. I was taken off my bed at 12: 30 so it could be stripped, at around 2: 30pm I was removed from the ward and placed into a small waiting room, I was advised that they were waiting for my prescription to be delivered from pharmacy, after a significant wait (and me having to annoy already busy nurses arsking how long it would be as I'd now missed a drug round) my tablets were delivered, however they were missing my anti-sickness tablet I spoke with Jayne (Nurse) who called pharmacy I was willing to go and collect them myself however I was told they would not give them to me, she sent a student nurse who was able to collect them on my behalf, I was finally able to leave the hospital at 5pm.

Response from Maureen Dobbin, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical Care, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Yellow Pots,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments about your experience within ward 18 and ward 17. I am delighted to hear that on the whole your expereince was a positive one and I will share your comments with the staff. We are currently carrying out some service improvement work within the ward to ensure that the discharge process is sleek and timely for patients. Again I will share your comments with our colleagues in pharmacy who are working with the team in the ward on the improvment work. I am sorry to hear that your discharge took so long and would hope that through the work we are undertaking that this will be improved upon for all of our patients.

I hope that you are continuing to recover well at home

Best Wishes