"Lengthy times between seeing anyone"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

(as a parent/guardian),

My daughter has been crippled by 9 months of waiting for a diagnosis regarding severe pains in her stomach region. Despite emergency hospitalisation, visits to A and E departments and seeing various consultants in 3 different departments, no one can offer a diagnosis. She has been on morphine and other pain relief tablets and cannot sleep, eat and is either constipated or has the runs. She has lost over 2 stone in weight since March and feels her life has come to an end.
 What we do not understand is the lengthy times between seeing anyone. It appears that you have to wait up to 2 months between moving onto another consultants department. She has to wait 8-10 weeks to get CT scan results and 2 months to see a pain management team. All in all, I think this is a terrible failure of the NHS and Lincoln County Hospital to treat my daughter in a timely manner.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear herdad,

I am very sorry to read your concerns regarding the delays your daughter has experienced and I would also like to thank you for sharing this feedback with us.

To enable me to investigate your specific concerns further please can you provide your full name and contact details to our patient experience manager, Sharon Kidd on 01476 464560, or by e-mail to Sharon.kidd@ulh.nhs.uk

With regards,

Tracy Bell,

Interim Head of Nursing Surgery & TACC

• herdad thinks this response is helpful