"Everyone in this department is super and lovely to work with"

About: Stirling Community Hospital / Orthotics Department

(as a volunteer/advocate),

2nd & 4th Thursday of the each month there are two clinics on in this area – orthotics and wheelchair.

There is a lack of space for reception duties so there is a desk set up in the patient waiting area for orthotics.

Waiting room for orthotics isn’t well set up to take a desk properly and I feel I have my back to patients which isn’t polite.

Everyone in this department is super and lovely to work with and the NHS are great.

Response from Lynne Rowley, Orthotist Lead, Orthotics, NHS Forth Valley We are preparing to make a change

Many thanks for your feedback.

Our clinical area in the rehabilitation hospital has 2 waiting rooms and the second one is utilised for overflow if the clinics are busy and on a thursday every 2 weeks when the patients are split between the 2

We seldom have a receptionist and rely on our fantastic team of volunteers to staff the desk in the hub. On this day, another member of staff attends to administer the wheelchair clinics which creates an accomodation issue.

I have highlighted this issue and we hope to have resolved it for you as soon as possible.

thanks for all you do!