"Blood room Glenfield"

About: Glenfield Hospital

I come here every week due to my medication. i have a problem yet again - last week due to the staff and yet again this week - a member of staff took precedence over patients as this person had their first day. I know this as I was told it. Their words - 'you know what it's like'.

The Phlebotomist was talking to the team while taking my blood then as they pulled the needle out of my arm (painful) they said 'sorry the needle bent up'.

This is a wonderful hospital but this totally lets them down. My response last time was that the team would be informed of my comments but obviously this is not the case.

Response from University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post another review. Your feedback is really important to us.

I'm really sorry to hear that once again you have had a bad experience at Glenfield Hospital.

I would like to look into your concerns in more detail, so if you're happy to do so, please email your name, date of birth, address and hospital number to myself, Debbie Waters on: Debbie.Waters@uhl-tr.nhs.uk, so I can investigate in further detail, which will help us in improving our service.

Kind regards,