"Absolutely disgusting!!"

Visited Sunday with injury to foot was advised that possible just tendon injury though if x Ray had been available would definitely have done it just be certain.

Told to see how it went and come back in the week for x Ray. Went today explained to receptionist told to sit and wait this was 3pm. X Ray closes at 5pm so at 4.30pm thought I would make sure I would be seen before 5pm otherwise no point in waiting. Was assured nurse would see me next to do a form. At 5.05pm called me in and said x Ray closed so have to start again reassess and come back. Why oh why do they not listen to what you say. The staff were rude and unhelpful and I would not have sat there for 2 hours to leave again without the x Ray I had gone back for. The nurses had one pace dead slow leaving at least 15 minutes between patients and their attitude was awful. I am a retired nurse of 40 years and pride myself at never having the audacity to treat my patients with such contempt. Don't do the job if you can't show empathy when everyone in that situation needs a friendly face and quiet reassurance. I will never use that unit again I am disgusted no wonder our NHS is in the state it's in with role models like these!!

Response from John Coupland Community Hospital

I am sorry to hear of your poor experience with the minor injuries unit, please be assured that LCHS takes all concerns seriously. I will be exploring the issues you have outlined in detail with the staff, in order to improve the way we work and each patients experience of the service.