"Dignity"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / General Medicine

(as other),

Having visited ward 33 there was a gent that was rather distressed, noisy and confused.

I was visiting an uncle and could not believe the way the Health Care Assistant spoke to this man.

It felt cruel, intimidating and uncaring.

This gent obviously had some form of dementia and this made it worse that he was not able to react.

This caused us great distress and was disgusting to watch.

Dear Clyde33,

I am really concerned to read this and would welcome the opportunity to get more information from you so that we can look into this further - a similar story was also shared recently, with a username very close to that which you have used. I don't know if you are a relative of the person who already wrote to us but either way I would ask that one of you please get in touch so that we can address the concerns that have been raised in both stories. We have already done some work to try to find out more however without more exact details it will be difficult to address as fully as we would like.

You can contact me directly on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Wishes,