"Great care for Heart bypass CABG (elective surgery)"

About: Golden Jubilee National Hospital Wishaw General Hospital / Cardiology

Am 64 yrs & due to history of angina, I asked for a medical check. The result of angiogram showed 3 blocked arteries & was referred to Golden Jubille for CABG operation.

This was carried out in Nov 2015 by Mr Quinn who stayed at my bedside until 7 pm.

I was on ward 3E and I fainted when I first saw my wound! The emergency team were in my room in seconds to look after me.

Many thanks to Mr Quinn for professional care.

Many thanks to ICU & HDU & Ward 3E

Including night staff for all your care.

Must include physio. Because 6 months later I walked 50 miles in 5 days of the Ayrshire Coastal path with no problems.

Response from Andy Pender, Senior Nurse, Emergency Medicine, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Munro muncher

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your very kind feedback.

I will ensure that this is passed on to those involved and I am sure that they will be very pleased to read your comments.

Both the staff and the medical team will be delighted to read your very thoughtful remarks.

Once again please thank you for using the Patient Opinion feedback system, it is greatly appreciated.

Andy

Response from Christine McGuinness, Communications Manager, Golden Jubilee National Hospital

Dear Munro muncher

Thanks for using Patient Opinion to tell us about your experience attending the Golden Jubilee National Hospital.

We are delighted to hear that you are doing so well after your procedure and will pass on your comments to the teams who looked after you.

Best wishes from everyone here at the Golden Jubilee.

Christine