About: Babington Hospital

I was referred recently to Babington by the nurse at Whitemoor Medical centre for some blood tests.

I followed the signs to the Belper Clinc only to be told once I git there that blood tests were only carried out bet.ween 8 and noon. This was really frustrating as I took an afternoon off work for this and will now have to book a morning off next week. Why cannot this type of information be shared, there is nothing on the website regarding these timings and the nurse said I could turn up at any time.

This is really basic stuff that you should be getting right.

Response from Babington Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on NHS Choices

We are very sorry to learn of the difficulties that you experienced when trying to make a phlebotomy appointment.

We can confirm that this service is staffed Monday to Friday 08.00 -12.30 (last ticket 12:15) at Belper Clinic.

The Pathology Phlebotomy Service times are available on Derby Teaching Hospitals website because the phlebotomy service is offered by them to our trust so sincere apologies for any confusion that may have been caused and thank you for highlighting this; we will contact our communications team to see if they are able to add this information onto our website.